Small or Large – B2B – B2C
Professional Business Portfolio
Think of a company portfolio as a resume for your company. … While a brochure or company website can give potential clients an idea of what your company does and its accomplishments, a company portfolio gives someone a detailed, in-depth look at how your company can serve them and why it’s the best company to do so
The internet is full of thousands of design portfolios, and getting a potential employer’s attention in this overcrowded job marketplace can be quite a challenge.
To stand out in this tough market, it’s important to make your online portfolio as impressive as you can. Today, we’re highlighting those who don’t need any help creating amazing portfolios. In this article, you’ll find 20 outstanding examples of portfolio sites from both individual designers and creative studios worldwide — each one incorporating a feature that makes it special. Let’s take a look at what makes them inspiring.
If you’re ready to start designing your own web design portfolio, check out our article on how prototyping and rapid prototyping can help the design process, and some great prototyping tools. Or, learn how to craft a standout design brief.
For designers and other creative professionals, the choice of what to put in a portfolio seems fairly intuitive. For business portfolios, what to include may seem less obvious.
The key is to select an appropriate mix of material that highlights your capabilities and, ideally, that shows how you have used these skills to solve problems. Examples include:
- Copies of certifications or other official qualifications
- Lists of accomplishments beyond those reflected on your resume, particularly those that involve problem-solving
- Performance reviews
- Letters of recommendation or from employers and clients
- Relevant writing samples
- Photos (or screenshots) of products on which you worked, or other projects that can be shown visually
- News articles about you or projects on which you worked
- Business documents (but use discretion with anything that may be confidential; seek permission if you are uncertain)
- As with all portfolios, you should include an up-to-date copy of your resume, and make sure your resume is tailored for the specific role you are pursuing.